The Australasian Council consists of the following office bearers:
President: Seamus Sullivan – Brisbane – email: email@example.com
Secretary: Gerard Roe – Alice Springs – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Patrick Hegarty – Melbourne – email: email@example.com
Vice President: Fred McCormack – Perth – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Pauline Mc Intyre – Melbourne - email: email@example.com
Vice President: Ned Sheehy – Sydney – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Theresa Robinson - Brisbane - email: email@example.com
Vice President: Paddy Fahy - Auckland - email: Fahy@kol.co.nz.
Vice President: David Rynne – Wellington-Hutt Valley – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All duties are carried out by the executive on a voluntary basis with the exception of the Secretary whose position is full time.
- The powers and functions of The Australasian Council are as follows:
- It is the supreme governing body of the Association between Annual Conventions.
- It is the final authority to interpret the rules after consultation with the GAA in Ireland, if necessary.
- Its jurisdiction extends over the whole Association in all matters. It appoints Trustees to hold funds, investments, and property of the Association.
- It’s prior approval must be obtained for any action affecting the general policy of the Association and for capital expenditure
- It’s decisions on all matters appertaining to the Association are final and binding on the members of the Association.
- The Australasian Council has complete control of the Australasian Hurling and Gaelic Football competitions and conducts such competitions annually on a rotational basis or in each State as decided by the annual Australasian convention.